||Dr. Usman Ghani
||Civil Engineering (Taxila)
||Water Resources Engineering (Hydraulics & Hydrology) and Structural Engineering
- Post-Doc (Water Resources Engineering, Hydraulics, University of Birmingham, UK)May,2012-May,2013
- Ph.D. (Water Resources Engineering, Hydraulics, UET Taxila) 2010
- M.Sc. (Strucutural Engineering, UET Taxila) 2002
- B.Sc. (Civil Engineering, UET Taxila)1996
My research work is as below.
- Numerical/experimental study of flow characteristics in meandering open channel flows.
- Investigation of bridge pier scouring under different flow and geometric conditions.
- Experimental study of weirs with varying geometric and hydraulic parameters.
- Laboratory/CFD study of vegetated open channel flows.
- Numerical/experimental investigation of open channel flow with different hydraulic structures.
My research interests include
- Numerical simulation/laboratory investigation of open channel flow under different scienarios including vegetated channels, compound channels etc.
- Experimental investigation of bridge pier scouring.
- Laboratory/Numerical study upon various hydraulic structures.
- Sediment movement and deposition in open channels
- Teaching undergraduate classes since 1997.
- Teaching post graduate classes since 2002.
- Member, Pakistan Engineering Council
- Member, International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research
- Civil Engineering Hydraulics
- Irrigation Engineering
- Hydrology and Water Resources
- Fluid Mechanics
- Strength of Materials I & II
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Design of Steel Structures
- Structural Analysis
- Properties of Concrete
- Design of Hydraulic Structures
- Dam Engineering
- Applied Hydraulics
- Hydropower Development
- River Engineering
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Computational Hydraulics
Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, UET Taxila
Gold Medalist (Secured Four Gold Medals for best performance at Undergraduate level)