||Dr. Sadia Nasreen
||Environmental Engineering (Taxila)
||Biofuel and Catalysis/ Bioremediation
• Ph.D. Environmental Engineering (2014). China University of Geo-sciences, Wuhan.
Environmental Engineering, Bio-fuel, Cleaner Production and Environmental Catalyst and Chemistry and Waste Water Treatment
• Sadia Nasreen, Liu Hui, Romana khan, Xiao chen Zhu, Dejan Skala. Transesterification of soybean oil catalyzed by Sr-doped cinder. Journal of Energy Conversion and Management, 95 (2015) 272–280.
• Sadia Nasreen, Hui Liu, Dejan Skala, Amir Waseem, Liang Wan., Preparation of biodiesel from soybean oil using La/Mn oxide catalyst., Journal of Fuel Processing Technology, 131 (2015) 290–296.
• Khalid Mahmood, Qaisar Mahmood, Arshid Pervez, Sadia Nasreen., The functional range of heat shock proteins to combat environmental toxicity. Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan, 34(1), 2012) 229-242.
• Uzaira Rafique, Aisha Ashraf, Abida Kalsoom Khan, Sadia Nasreen, Rehana Rashid, Qaisar Mahmood., Toxic chromium from tanneries pollute water resources and soils of Sialkot (Pakistan)., Journal- Chemical Society of Pakistan . 32(5) (2010)644-649.
• Amir Haider Sadia Nasreen Malik, Sadia Nasreen, Qaisar Mahmood, Zahid Mahmood Khan, Rizwana Sarwar, Ghulam jalani , Afsar Khan., Strategies for low-cost defluoridation of drinking water-A review of progress, Journal of Chemical Society of Pakistan, 32(2010)550-558.
• Uzaira Rafique, Aisha Ashraf, Abida Kalsoom Khan, Sadia Nasreen, Rehana Rashid, Qaisar Mahmood. Toxic chromium from tanneries pollutes water resources and soils of Sialkot (Pakistan). Journal- Chemical Society of Pakistan ., 32(5)(2010)644-649.
• Amir Haider Malik, Zahid Mehmood Khan, Qaisar Mahmood, Sadia Nasreen, Zulfiqar Ahmed Bhatti., Perspectives of low cost arsenic remediation of drinking water in Pakistan and other countries., Journal of Hazardous Material: 168(1)(2009)1-12.
• Muhammad Iqbal, Muhammad Qasim, Abida K Khan, Rehana Rashid, Sadia Nasreen, Qaisar Mahmood, Jamil Khan., Surface Water Quality Risk Assessment Through UV-Visible Spectrophotometer., World Applied Sciences
• Ph.D. - Synthesis characterization and application of catalyst for production of biodiesel synthesis plant oil.
• M.Phil. - Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Studies of Organotin (IV) Complexes with Schiff Base.
• M.Sc. - Synthesis, of Organotin (IV) Derivatives of Carboxylate Containing Ligand
Dr. Rehana Rashid, Dr. Abida Khan , Miss Saadia Nasreen, (2009)„‟Introduction to chemical Sciences – A practical Approach’’ Publisher COMSATS Institute of Information Technology University, Abbottabad (A Practical Manual for Undergraduate Students)
PROFESSIONAL and TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
• Teacher: Wuhan University of Technology, 2014.
• Part-time Research Assistant to Senior Quality Analyst: COMSATs Institute of Information Technology, Abbottabad Pakistan, 2008 to 2011.
i. Performed standards biological, physical and microbial test of water sample to check drinking water quality.
ii. Water quality analysis to determine heavy metals contaminants in drinking water and waste water using HPLC, and UV Spectrophotometer and Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer.
iii. Participate in trainings related to handling of HPLC, GC-MS, UV-Spectrophotometer, TOC, NMR Spectroscopy, ICP-AA, CEM, SEM-EDS, XRD and IR Spectroscopy.
• Laboratory Quality Controller: Wah Noble Chemical Ltd., 2005.
i. Performed physical and chemical test to check the quality of raw materials used for the synthesis of formaldehyde and products.
ii. Environmentalists: PIMS Hospital, Pakistan, 2006.
iii. Examine the collection, segregation, and inspiration process of hazardous waste.
iv. Write project report to assist with improvements to overall process of collection and incineration of hazardous waste.
v. Participate in project related to Solid and hazardous waste management.
• 4Research Fellow - Foreign Faculty CIIT Abbottabad with Dr .Amir. H. Malik, 2006 to 2008.
i. Teacher and Laboratory Assistance – Environmental Impact Assessment, Solid Waste Management Systems and Environmental Chemistry.
ii. Conduct EIA for Road Construction Project and Housing Scheme in Islamabad and Abbottabad.
iii. Supervise field research visits to undergrad student to show them impact of marble, chemical, oil and ghee industry to our environments. Produce reports regarding the impact of different projects on environment and give suggestions to improve the quality of their manufacturing units.
iv. Quantification of in earth quake disaster with the use GIS and SRS to quantify the disaster impact.
• Assistant Professor
• Sadia Nasreen, Zarin Akhter, Rehana Rashid, Jamil Khan, Jamil khanid, “Antimicrobial studies of Schiff based Organometallic Complexe” ESDiv . 2 (2009)595-602.
• Sadia Nasreen, Zarin Akhter, Rehana Rashid, Jamil Khan, Jamil khanid., Synthesis and characterization of Schiff based Organometallic Complexes” ESDiv . 2 (2009)608-612.
• Ashraf. Ahmad, Qasir Mahmood, Zulfiqar Ali Bhati, Sadia Nasreen., “Water softening and pathogenic Microbial Removal from Water” ESDiv 2 (2009)776-782.
• Certificate of excellence at Command in handling HPLC, GC, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer, UV and IR spectrophotometer and other lab equipment’s.
• Certificate of appreciation by Taraqee foundation for doing a project of Water Quality Analysis.
• Participation in one day seminar on Water Poverty and Millennium Development Goal by IUCN in Pearl continental Rawalpindi.
• Certificate of excellence for Community work in PIMS Islamabad. Participation in one day seminar by IUCN on Natural Resource and Environmental Management held in Fatima Jinnah University at 26 April 2006.
• Certificate of Participation in International Conference Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESDev. 2009) in COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Abbottabad 16-18 august 2009.
• Certificate of Participation in one day training workshop by Ministry of Environment and development Pakistan attending workshop on 30 August 2005.
• Participation in one day training workshop with LEAD Pakistan on 30 August 2005.