List of Publications:
Publications in impact factor HEC recognized journals:
- Tayyab Shabbir, Rashid Saleem, Sabih Ur Rehman, Muhammad Farhan Shafique, “A single layer delay-lines based reflectarray for X-band applications,” IEICE Electronics Express, Vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 1-8, 2018.
- Sajeela Bibi, Rashid Saleem, Asim Quddus, Sabih ur Rehman, M. Farhan Shafique, “Dual-Band Antenna for High Gain M2M Communication Using PRS,” Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, Vol. 32, no. 11, 2017
- Muhammad Bilal, Rashid Saleem, Tayyab Shabbir and M. Farhan Shafique, “A novel miniaturized FSS based electromagnetic shield for SATCOM applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol 59, pp. 2107–2112, 2017
- Muhammad Bilal, Kashif Khalil, Rashid Saleem, Farooq Ahmed Tahir, M. Farhan Shafique, “An Interdigital FSS based Dual Channel UWB-MIMO Antenna Array for System-in-Package Applications,” Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 184-190, 2017.
- Muhammad Bilal, Rashid Saleem, Hammad Hameed Abbasi, M. Farhan Shafique and A. K. Brown, “An FSS Based Non-Planar Quad Element UWB-MIMO Antenna System,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 16, pp. 987-990, 2017.
- Mudassar Nauman, Rashid Saleem, Amir Khurrum Rashid, M. Farhan Shafique, “A Miniaturized Flexible Frequency Selective Surface for X-Band Applications,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 2, pp. 419-428, 2016.
- Syeda Irum Jafri, Rashid Saleem, M. Farhan Shafique, Anthony K. Brown, “Compact reconﬁgurable multiple-input-multiple-output antenna for ultra wideband applications,” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 413-419, 2016.
- Rashid Saleem, Muhammad Bilal, Khalid Bashir Bajwa, M. Farhan Shafique, “Eight-element UWB-MIMO array with three distinct isolation mechanisms,” Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 4, pp. 311-313, 2015.
- Tayyab Shabbir, Rashid Saleem, M. Farhan Shafique, Adeel Akram, “UWB-MIMO Quadruple with FSS-Inspired Decoupling Structures and Defected Grounds,” Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 184-190, 2015.
- M. Farhan Shafique, Zeeshan Qamar, Laeeq Riaz, Rashid Saleem, Shahid A. Khan, “Coupling Suppression in Densely Packed Microstrip Arrays using Metamaterial Structure,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 759-763, 2015
- Maqsood Ahmad, Khalid Bashir Bajwa, Rashid Saleem and Umer Farooq, “Fast Prototyping of Image Processing Application on Android Platform Focused on PDF417 Decoder,” Computer Applications in Engineering Education, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 596-602, 2015.
- Ayesha Shaikh, Rashid Saleem, M. Farhan Shafique, Anthony Keith Brown, “Reconfigurable Dual-port UWB Diversity Antenna with High Port Isolation,” Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 11, pp. 786-788, 2014
- Muhammad Bilal, Rashid Saleem, M. Farhan Shafique, Hassan A. Khan, “MIMO Application UWB Antenna Doublet Incorporating a Sinusoidal Decoupling Structure,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, No. 7, pp. 1547 – 1553, 2014.
- Nayab Gogosh, M. Farhan Shafique, Rashid Saleem, Imran Usman and A. M. Faiz, “An UWB diversity antenna array with a novel H-type decoupling structure,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 55, No. 11, pp. 2715-2720, 2013.
- Rameez Asif, Humayun Shahid, Farzana Arshad, Rashid Saleem, “Scalable nonlinear equalization in high-bit-rate optical transmission systems,” Photonics Research 1 (3), 130-135, 2013.
- Hassan A. Khan, Ali A. Rezazadeh and Rashid Saleem, “Impact of Collection Efficiency on the Optical Responsivity of Lattice Matched InP/InGaAs Heterojunction Phototransistors,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 51, No. 7, pp. 072202, 2012.
- Allam Mousa and Rashid Saleem, “Using Reduced Interference Distribution to Analyze Abnormal Cardiac Signal,” Journal of Electrical Engineering-Elektrotechnicky Casopis, Vol. 62, No. 3, pp. 168-172, 2011.
- Rashid Saleem and A. K. Brown, “Empirical miniaturization analysis of inverse parabolic step sequence based UWB antennas,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 369-381, 2011.
Publications in International Peer-Reviewed Conferences
- Asim Quddus, Rashid Saleem, M. Farhan Shafique and Sabih ur Rehman, “Inverted P-shaped UWB antenna with dual/tri-band-notch characteristics,” 2018 International Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Symposium (ACES), Denver, CO, USA, 2018, pp. 1-2.
- Rashid Saleem, Asim Quddus, “Circular slotted reconfigurable multiband patch antenna for wireless applications,” International Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Symposium - Italy, Florence, Italy, 2017, pp. 1-2.
- Tayyab Shabbir, Rashid Saleem, Muhammad Bilal, Muhammad Farhan Shafique, “UWB-MIMO doublet with split decoupling structure and defected grounds,” 2017 IEEE MTT-S International Conference on Numerical Electromagnetic and Multiphysics Modeling and Optimization for RF, Microwave, and Terahertz Applications, Seville, Spain, 2017, pp. 40-42.
- Asim Quddus, Rashid Saleem, Sabih Ur Rehman and M. Farhan Shafique, “Ultra wideband antenna with quad band rejection characteristics,” International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), Okinawa, Japan, 2016, pp. 1090-1091.
- Asim Quddus, Rashid Saleem, Sabih Ur Rehman and M. Farhan Shafique, “Dual port UWB diversity/MIMO antenna with dual band-notch characteristics,” 10th International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ICSPCS), Gold Coast, Australia, 2016, pp. 1-4.
- Tayyab Shabbir, Rashid Saleem, Asim Quddus, Sabih Ur Rehman and M. Farhan Shafique, “A single layer reflectarray with octagonal-ring delay-line for X-band applications,” Progress in Electromagnetic Research Symposium (PIERS), Shanghai, China, 2016, pp. 4700-4703.
- Asim Quddus, Rashid Saleem and Muhammad Farhan Shafique, “Dual Port UWB-MIMO Antenna with Ring Decoupling Structure,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium, Shanghai, China, 8 - 11 August, 2016
- Muhammad Bilal, Rashid Saleem, Faisal A. Khan, Asim Quddus and M. Farhan Shafique, “Frequency selective surface for X-band shielding applications,” 16th Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS), Abu Dhabi, 2016, pp. 1-3.
- Asim Quddus, Rashid Saleem and Muhammad Bilal, “Reconfigurable band-notched UWB-MIMO antenna,” 16th Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS), Abu Dhabi, 2016, pp. 1-4.
- Rashid Saleem, Tayyab Shabbir, Sabih Ur Rehman, M. Farhan Shafique, “Elliptical UWB Antenna with Quad Band Notch Functionality,” 20th International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), Hobart, Australia, pp. 1-3, Nov. 2015.
- Hassan Tariq Chattha, Nouman Aftab, Rashid Saleem, Sabih Ur Rehman, “A Tree Shaped Monopole Antenna for GPR Applications,” 20th International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, Hobart, Australia, pp. 1-3, Nov. 2015.
- Rashid Saleem and A. K. Brown, “Miniature Inverse Parabolic Step Sequence Damped Sinusoid Antenna for DS-UWB,” in Proc. 6th Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference, UK, pp. 569-572, Nov. 2010.
- Rashid Saleem and A. K. Brown, “Electrically Small Band-notch Reflected Inverse Parabolic Step Sequence Ultra Wideband Antenna,” 4th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, Barcelona, pp. 1-3, April 2010.
- Allam Mousa and Rashid Saleem, “The shortage of WVD in analyzing abnormal ECG signal,” Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications, Malaysia, pp. 651- 654, Oct. 2010.
- Rashid Saleem, Khairi A. Hamdi, and A. K. Brown, “Performance Analysis of Multiband OFDM in a Homogeneous Poisson Field of Generic Interferers,” 20th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, Japan, pp. 1988-1991, sept. 2009.
- Rashid Saleem and A. K. Brown, “Inverse Parabolic Step Sequence Ultra Wideband Antenna,” 5th Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference, UK, pp. 773-775, Nov. 2009.
- Hala Mahmoud, Allam Mousa, Rashid Saleem, “Kalman filter channel estimation based on comb-type pilots for ofdm system in time and frequency-selective fading environments,” Mosharaka International Conference on Communications, Computers and Applications, Jordan, pp. 59-64, Aug. 2008.
Rashid Saleem received BS Electronic Engineering from Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology, Pakistan, in 1999. He pursued a career in the telecommunication industry for several years while continuing education. He received M.S. from UET Taxila through Center for Advanced Studies in Engineering, Pakistan, in 2006 and PhD from the University of Manchester in 2011. In his PhD, he worked in Microwave and Communication Systems research group under the supervision of Prof. Anthony (Tony) K. Brown, head of the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Manchester.
He worked on antennas, channel modeling and interference aspects of Ultra Wideband systems during his PhD and was also member of a team designing and testing arrays for the Square Kilometer Array project. Currently, he is working as Assistant Professor at University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Taxila, Pakistan where he is supervising several postgraduate students and heading the MAP (Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation) research group. His research interests include antennas, angle-of-arrival based channel modeling, microwave periodic structures and metamaterials.
1) Assistant Professor (March 2012 to date)
University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila
- Currently employed as Assistant Professor at the Department of Telecommuni- cation Engineering.
- Established Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation (MAP) research group at Telecommunication Engineering Department
- Established collaborations with local universities CAST, COMSATS, RIMMS NUST for fabrication, testing/measurements and characterization of designs.
- Supervising couple of postgrad students in the areas comprising of compact UWB MIMO antenna arrays, 3D ray-tracing based channel modeling, Dielectric Reso- nant Antennas (DRAs), Frequency Selective Surfaces and Reflector arrays.
- Fourteen MS students completed theses and graduated.
- All postgrads completed projects within allocated time
- All postgrads publishing at international peer-reviewed Impact Factor journals
- Graduated Undergrad/Postgrad project supervisees working at LUMS, UET Taxila, COMSATS, R&D organizations, Ericsson, Huawei and NRTC.
- One PhD student graduated.
- Supervising two PhD students - in write-up stage
- Courses taught: Introduction to Telecommunication Technologies (undergrad), Digital Communication (undergrad), Radar Systems (undergrad), Electromag- netic Theory (undergrad), Wave Propagation & Antennas (undergrad), Antenna Theory and Design (postgrad), Introduction to Remote Sensing (postgrad), Ad- vanced Electromagnetic Engineering (postgrad).
2) Graduate Teaching Assistant (October 2007 to June 2011)
The University of Manchester, UK
3) Assistant Professor Department of Electrical Engineering (June 2006 to August 2007)
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Undergraduate courses taught, Digital Signal Processing - Fall 2006, Antenna & Propagation and Signals & Systems - Spring 2007.
- Supervised senior year projects in the areas of Digital Signal Processing and Wireless Communication
- Course coordinator for the MS program
4) Visiting Faculty (June 2006 to August 2007)
Center for Advanced Studies in Engineering, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Undergrad course taught: Digital Communication
- Postgrad course taught: Communication Systems
5) System Engineer (Feb 2000 to June 2006)
Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL), Islamabad, Pakistan
- February 2004 - June 2006: Supervised a call center for the PTCL broadbandcustomers of Northern Pakistan region. Technical support/assistance and complaintresolution within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) speciﬁed times. Thejob required working on various ICT sides which included the PSTN exchangesand computer networks. Part of the job was scheduling ﬁeld engineering teams,managing staﬀ roster and trainings.
- Feb 2000 - 2004: Worked at Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management region of PTCL. Tasks assigned to me were the monitoring and blockage of grey international voice minutes and assessment of the procedures that identify the sources of this traﬃc. Frequent liaison with Pakistan Telecommunication Authority for various revenue leakage issues
6) Assistant Manager MIS (May to December 1999)
WorldCall Telecom Ltd., Multan, Pakistan
- Design and maintenance of a centralized MIS.
7) Intern (June to July 1997)
Alcatel-Lucent Pakistan, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Worked with the multinationals headquarter in Islamabad, in the Engineering (Operations) Deptt. as an intern.
- Carried out surveys for optimal site selection and prepared reports for dissemination