|Name||Dr. Muhammad Rafiq|
|Department||Electrical Engineering (Taxila)|
|Specialization||High Voltage Engineering|
2002 Diploma of Associate Engineer (D.A.E), Government Swedish Pakistani Institute of Technology (S.P.I.T), Gujrat, Pakistan
2007 BSc Electrical Engineering (Power), University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Taxila, Pakistan
2010 MSc Electric Power Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology (CTH), Goteborg,Sweden
2017 PhD Electrical Power Engineering (High Voltage Engineering), North China Electric Power University (NCEPU), P.R.China
High Voltage engineering, electrical insulation and materials, and condition monitoring of power apparatus, Energy Economics and Management, Renewable Energy, Building Energy, Sustainable and Resilence Infrastructure, Sustainability, Occupational health
Peer-reviewed publications in international journals
1. Muhammad Rafiq*, Muhammad Shafique, Anam Azam, Muhammad Ateeq, Israr Ahmad Khan and Abid Hussain, "Sustainable, renewable and environmental-friendly insulation systems for high voltages applications", Molecules 2020, 25(17), 3901 (SCIE IF=4.411), (JCR Q2).
2. Muhammad Rafiq*, Muhammad Shafique, Anam Azam, Muhammad Ateeq, “Transformer oilbased Nanofluid: The application of nanomaterials on thermal, electrical and physicochemical properties of liquid insulation-A review" Ain Shams Engineering Journal, Volume 12, Issue 1, March 2021, Pages 555-576 (SCIE IF=3.180), ), (JCR Q2).
3. Muhammad Rafiq*, Yuzhen Lv, Chengrong Li, Qian Sun, “Effect of Al2O3 nanorods on the performance of oil-impregnated pressboard insulation”, Electrical Engineering, 102, pages 715– 724 (2020). (SCI IF=1.781), (JCR Q3).
4. Muhammad Rafiq*, Muhammad Shafique, Anam Azam, Muhammad Ateeq, “The impacts of nanotechnology on the improvement of liquid insulation of transformers: Emerging trends and challenges”, Journal of Molecular Liquids, volume 302, March 2020 (SCI IF=6.165), (JCR Q1).
5. Muhammad Rafiq*, Yuzhen Lv, Chengrong Li, “Effect of Al2O3 nanoparticles shapes, surface modification and concentration of on breakdown performance of transformer oil”, Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, 2019. (SCI IF=0.736), (JCR Q4).
6. Farzan Yahya, Muhammad Rafiq*, “The influence of air pollution and clean energy on Tuberculosis: The moderating role of urbanization”, Iranian Journal of Public Health, Vol. 6, no. 6 (2020). (SCIE IF=1.429), (JCR Q3).
7. Muhammad Shafique, Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq, Muhammad Ateeq, Xiaowei Luo, An overview of life cycle assessment of green roofs”, Journal of Cleaner Production, volume 250, (2020). (SCI IF=9.297), (JCR Q1).
8. Farzan Yahya, Muhammad Rafiq, “Brownfield, greenfield and renewable energy consumption: Moderating role of effective governance”, Energy and Environment, 31(3) March 2019, pp. 405- 423 (SSCI IF=1.775).
9. Muhammad Rafiq*, Yuzhen Lv, Chengrong Li, “Effect of Al2O3 nanorods on dielectric strength of aged transformer oil/paper insulation system”, Journal of Molecular Liquids, Volume 284, (2019), pp. 700-708. (SCI IF=6.165).
10. Farzan Yahya*, Muhammad Rafiq,” Unraveling the Contemporary Drivers or Renewable Energy Consumption: Evidence from Regime Types”, Environmental Progress & SustainableEnergy, March 2019 (SCI IF=2.431).
11. Muhammad Shafique*, Muhammad Rafiq, “An Overview of Construction Occupational Accidents in the Hong Kong: A Recent Trend and Future Perspectives”, 9(10), 2019 Applied Sciences (SCIE IF=2.679), (JCR Q2).
12. M. Shafique*, Reeho Kim, M. Rafiq,“Green Roof Benefits, Opportunities and Challenges- A Review,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 90, July 2018, pp. 757-773 (SCIE IF=14.98). (JCR Q1). (Highly cited paper top 1% in engineering).
13. Yuzhen Lv, Muhammad Rafiq*, Chengrong Li,“Study of Dielectric Breakdown Performance of Transformer oil based Magnetic Nanofluids, Energies, 10 (7), (2017), pp. 1025 (SCI IF=3.004).
14. Yuzhen Lv*, Kai Yi, Chao Li, Muhammad Rafiq, “Fabrication, characterization, and insulating property of Fe3O4 nanofluids, Integrated Ferroelectrics 180(1), (2017), pp. 37-43 (SCI IF=0.836).1.
15. Muhammad Rafiq*, Yuzhen Lv, and Chengrong Li“A Review on Properties, Opportunities and Challenges of Transformer oil based Nanofluids”, Volume 2016 (2016), Article ID 8371560, 23 pages, Journal of Nanomaterials (SCI IF=2.986).
16. Qi Wang, Muhammad Rafiq*, Yuzhen Lv, Chengrong Li,“ Preparation of three types of transformer oil-based nanofluids and comparative study on the Effect of nanoparticle concentrations on Insulating property of Transformer oil”, Volume 2016 (2016), ArticleID 5802753, 6 pages, Journal of Nanotechnology, 2016.
17. M. Rafiq*, Y. Z. Lv, Y. Zhou, K. B. Ma, W. Wang, C. R. Li, Q. Wang, “Use of vegetable oils as transformer oils-a review”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 52, (2015), pp. 308- 324. (SCIE IF= 14.98).
18. Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq, Muhammad Shafique and Jiahai Yuan: Analyzing the Effect of Natural Gas, Nuclear Energy and Renewable Energy on GDP and Carbon Emissions: A multivariate Panel Data analysis, Energy 219 (2021) 119592. (SCI I. F 7.147), (JCR Q1). (Highly cited paper top 1% in engineering).
19. Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq, “An empirical analysis of the non-linear effects of natural gas, nuclear energy, renewable energy and ICT-Trade in leading CO2 Emitter Countries: Policy towards CO2 mitigation and Economic sustainability”, Journal of Environmental Management, Volume 286, 15 May 2021, 112232. (SCI I. F 6.789), (JCR Q1).
20. Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq, Muhammad Shafique and Jiahai Yuan: Analyzing the Relationship between Economic Growth and Electricity Consumption from Renewable and Nonrenewable sources: Fresh Evidence from Newly Industrialized Countries, Sustainable energy technologies and assessments, 44 (2021) 119592 (SCI I. F 5.353), (JCR Q2).
21. Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq, Muhammad Shafique and Jiahai Yuan: Renewable electricity generation and economic growth nexus in developing countries: An ARDL approach, Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, (10), 1080, 1865180 (SCI I.F 2.98), (JCR Q2) Citations till date 06. 22. Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq, Muhammad Shafique, Muhammad Ateeq, and Jiahai Yuan. "Causality Relationship Between Electricity Supply and Economic Growth: Evidence from Pakistan." Energies 13, no. 4 (2020): 837. (I.F 3.004), (JCR Q2).
23. Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq, Muhammad Shafique, Muhammad Ateeq & Jiahai Yuan (2021), Investigating the impact of renewable electricity consumption on sustainable economic development: a panel ARDL approach, International Journal of Green Energy, DOI: 10.1080/15435075.2021.1897825. (SCI I. F 1.388), (JCR Q2).
24. Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq, Muhammad Shafique & Jiahai Yuan (2021), “Does Nuclear or Renewable energy consumption help to control environmental pollution? New Evidence from China, Renewable Energy Focus.
25. Muhammad Shafique, Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq and Xiaowei Luo. “Life cycle assessment of electric vehicles and internal combustion engine vehicles: A case study of Hong Kong” Research in Transportation Economics. (SCI I. F 2.627), (JCR Q2).
26. Muhammad Shafique, Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq and Xiaowei Luo. “Evaluating the Relationship between Freight Transport, Economic Growth, Urbanization and CO2 emissions: Evidence from Hong Kong, Singapore, and South Korea”. Sustainability, 2020. 12 (24). (SCI I. F 3.251), (JCR Q2) .
27. Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq, Muhammad Shafique, Jiahai Yuan, Sultan Salem, “Human development Index, ICT and Renewable Energy-Growth Nexus for Sustainable development: A novel PVAR analysis”, Front. Energy Res., 25 November 2021 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fenrg.2021.760758. (SCI I. F 4.008), (JCR Q2).
28. Muhammad Shafique, Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq and Xiaowei Luo, Material Flow Analysis for End-of-Life Lithium-Ion Batteries from Battery Electric Vehicles in the USA and China, Resources, Conservation & Recycling. (SCI I.F 10.2014), (JCR Q1).
29. Muhammad Shafique, Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq and Xiaowei Luo,” Investigating the nexus among transport, economic growth and environmental degradation: Evidence from panel ARDL approach”, Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 61-71. (SCI I.F 4.674), (JCR Q1).
30. Muhammad Shafique, Muhammad Rafiq, Anam Azam, and Xiaowei Luo, Material flow analysis for end-of-life lithium-ion batteries from battery electric vehicles in the USA and China, Resource, Conservation and Recycling, volume 178, March 2022. (SCI I.F 10.204), (JCR Q1).
31. U. Nasir*, M. T. Rasheed, M. K. Bodla, Muhammad Rafiq, S.M.R. Kazmi, “A Problem with IFOC and a New PWM Based 180 Degree Conduction Mode for Three Phase Inverter, Applied Mechanics and Materials (Volume 793), 2015, 267-273.
Contributions to international conferences
1. Muhammad Rafiq*, Chengrong Li, Yuzhen Lv, “The Effect of Alumina Nanorods on Breakdown Performance of Transformer oil”, in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on High Voltage Engineering and Application (ICHVE), Athens, Greece, September 2018.
2. Muhammad Rafiq*, Chengrong Li, Yuzhen Lv, Kai Yi, Shafqat Hussnain,“Preparation and study of breakdown features of transformer oil based magnetic nanofluids,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), Lahore, Pakistan, March 2017.
3. Muhammad Rafiq*, Chengrong Li, Yuzhen Lv, Kai Yi, Ikram Arif,“Breakdown characteristics of transformer oil based silica nanofluids,” in Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International MultiTopic Conference (INMIC), Islamabad, Pakistan, December 2016.
4. Anam Azam, Muhammad Rafiq*, Ikram Arif, “The Economics of Wind Energy of Pakistan,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET), Islamabad, Pakistan, October 2016.
5. Azam A., Shafique M., Rafiq M., Yuan J., LOU X. (2019): Role of Renewable Energy and FDI in Poverty Alleviation Among Rural Chinese Areas: Future Challenges and Policy Implications. International Conference on Applied Energy, Aug 12-15, 2019, Västerås, Sweden.