|Name||Dr. Abid Hussain|
|Department||Mechanical Engineering (Taxila)|
|Highest Qualification||Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering|
1. Passive Thermal Management of Lithium-ion Batteries.
2. Thermal Characterisation of Graphene Coated metal Foam.
3. Analytical Model to Develop Effective Thermal Conductivity Model.
4. Ionic Winds
5. Heat Flow Analysis in metal foam/PCM composite
Thermal Management, Phase Change Materials, Li-ion Batteries, Energy System, Thermo-Fluid.
1. A. Hussain, C.Y. Tso, C.Y.H. Chao, Experimental investigation of a passive thermal management system for high-powered lithium ion batteries using nickel foam-paraffin composite, Energy, 115 (2016) 209–218.
2. A. Hussain, I. H. Abidi, C.Y. Tso, K.C. Chan, Z. Luo, Christopher Y.H. Chao, Thermal Management of Lithium Ion Batteries using Graphene coated Nickel Foam saturated with Phase Change Materials, IJTS, 124 (2018) 23-35
3. K.C. Chan, C.Y. Tso, A. Hussain, & C. Y. H. Chao, A theoretical model for the effective thermal conductivity of graphene coated metal foams. Appl. Therm. Eng. 161, 114112 (2019).
1. Director Final Year Project
2. Focal Person Open House MED
3. Departmental Exam secrutineer
4. Member Admission Committee
Serving as Assistant Professor In Mechanical Engineering Department (UET Taxila) since 12 December,2012
Served as Lecturer In Mechanical Engineering Department (UET Taxila) from 29 April,2008 to 12 December,2012
Served as Demonstrator In Mechanical Engineering Department (WEC) during 10 Nov, 2007 to 12 April,2008.
Courses Taught / Currently Being Taught
Assistant Professor Since 12 December 2012.
Lecturer from 29 April, 2008 to 12 December 2012.