|Name||Dr. Wasim Ahmad|
|Department||Department of Industrial Engineering|
PhD. 2012 Lean Product and Process development, Cranfield University, U.K.
MSc. 2007 Industrial Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology Taxila, Pakistan
BSc. 2002 Mechanical Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology Taxila, Pakistan
Cost modelling, lean product design and development, Research methodology, manufacturing
SCIE (THOMSON REUTERS / ISI –Web of Science)
IMPACT FACTOR JOURNALS:
SCIE (THOMSON REUTERS / ISI –Web of Science)
1. Junaid Abbasi, Mirza Jahanzaib, Muhammad Azam, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain, Musharraf, ‘Effects Of Wire-Cut EDM Process Parameters on Surface Roughness of HSLA Steel’, Accepted 13th December, 2016, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturig Technology, (IF 2.209)
2. Usama Qazi, Mirza Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain, 'An Institutional Framework for the Development of Sustainable and Competitive Power Market in Pakistan', Vol 70 (2017), pp 83-95, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2016.11.152, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, (IF 8.050)
3. Shoaib Sarfraz, Mirza Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain, Haris Aziz, Investigating the effects of as-casted and in-situ heat treated squeeze casting of Al-3.5%Cu alloy, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, August 2016, (IF 2.209)
4. Mirza Jahanzaib, Salman Hussain, Ahmad Wasim, Haris Aziz, Adnan Mirza, Saif Ullah, Modeling of Weld Bead Geometry on HSLA Steel using Response Surface MethodologyInternational Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2016, (IF 2.209)
5. Muhammad Azam, Mirza Jahanzaib, Junaid Ali Abbasi, Ahmad Wasim, ‘Modeling of cutting speed (CS) for HSLA steel in wire electrical discharge machining (WEDM) using moly wire’, Journal of Chinese Institute of Engineers, April 2016, (IF 0.395)
6. Wasif Safeen, Salman Hussain, Ahmad Wasim, Mirza Jahanzaib, Haris Aziz, Hassan Abdalla, ‘Predicting the Tensile Strength, Impact Toughness, and Hardness of Friction Stir Welded AA 6061-T6 using Response Surface Methodology’, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, March 2016, (IF 2.209)
7. Muhammad Azam, Mirza Jahanzaib, Junaid Ali Abbasi, Musharaf Abbas, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain, ‘Parametric Analysis of Recast Layer Formation in Wire-cut EDM of HSLA Steel’, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, DOI 10.1007/s00170-016-8518-3Feb 2016, (IF 2.209)
8. Neelum, Haris Aziz, Mirza Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain, ‘Integration of Cell Formation and Job Sequencing to Minimize Energy Consumption With Minimum Make-Span’, Proceedings of The Institution Of Mechanical Engineers Part B-Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Jan 2016. (IF 1.366)
9. Muhammad Azam, Mirza Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain, ‘ Surface Roughness Modeling using RSM for HSLA Steel by Coated Carbide Tools, Vol 78, Issue 5, pp- 1031-1041, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, May, 2015. (IF 2.209)
10. Haider Aftab, Mirza Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim (2015) "Lean Capacity Planning for Tool Room: An Iterative System Improvement Approach", Advances in Production Engineering & Management (APEM), Vol 10, no. 4, pp 169-184. (IF 1.125)
11. Ahmad Wasim, Essam Shehab, Hassan Abdalla, Ahmed Al-Ashaab, Robert Sulowski, Rahman Alam (2013) "An innovative cost modelling system to support lean product and process development", The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol 65, no. 1-4, pp 165-181. (IF 2.209)
INTERNATIONAL REFREED JOURNALS:
12. Abaid Ullah, Salman Hussain, Ahmad Wasim, Mirza Jahanzaib,Usage and Impacts of speed Humps on Vehicles: A Review’, Journal of Advanced Reviews on Scientific Research, Vol 28, issue 1 2016, 1-17
13. I. K. Javed, M. Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim and H. Salman, ‘Role of Organisational Behaviour (OB) to Enhance Productivity in a Public Sector Enterprise’, Journal of Advanced Research in Business and Management Studies, ISSN (online): 2462-1935 | Vol. 3, No. 1. Pages 11-25, 2016
14. Aruba Waqar, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain, Mirza Jahanzaib, Haris Aziz (2016) “Environmental Management System Framework for Sustainability Achievement in Higher Educational Institutions”, Journal of Advanced Research in Business and Management Studies, Vol. 3, no. 1, pp 47-70.
15. Mirza Jahanzaib, Madiha Idrees, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain, Haris Aziz, ‘A Framework for Implementing Quality Function Deployment (QFD) For Utility Services’ IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) , Vol 18, issue 4, Ver II, pp92-99, April 2016
16. Muhammd Irshad Yehya, Salman Hussain, Ahmad Wasim, Mirza Jahanzaib, Hassan Abdalla, ‘A Cost Effective and Light Weight Unipolar Electroadhesion Pad Technology for Adhesion Mechanism of Wall Climbing Robot’, International Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol 2, No1, 2015
17. Muhammad Bilal Ahmed, Muhammad Bilal Awan, Ahmad Wasim (2014) "Application for Lean Enablers to Support Product Design and Development", International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Technology, Vol. 2, no. 2, pp 16-24.
18. Muhammad Bilal Ahmed, Ahmad Wasim (2015) “Lean Enablers for Product Design and Development”, International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 3, no. 02, pp 203-208.
HEC RECOGNIZED (X/Y CATEGORIES) JOURNALS:
19. Muhammad Ashraf, Mirza Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain (2014) “Production Planning and Control of Assembly Process for the High Tech Products”, Technical Journal University of Engineering and Technology Taxila, Vol 19, no. 1, pp 51-61.
20. Tahir Iqbal, Mirza Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain (2015) “An Integrated Approach of Value Stream Mapping and Simulation for Process Improvements”, Technical Journal University of Engineering and Technology Taxila, Vol. 20, no. 2(S), pp 36-44.
21. Rizwan Anwar, Mirza Jahanzaib, Ghulam Asghar, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain (2015) “Optimization of Surface Roughness for Al-Alloy 7075-T in Milling Process, Technical Journal University of Engineering and Technology Taxila, Vol. 20, no. 2(S), pp 153-159 .
22. Zeeshan Farrukh , Salman Hussain , Mirza Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim, Haris Aziz (2015) “A Simple Multi-Criteria Inventory Classification Approach”, Technical Journal University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Taxila, Pakistan, Vol 20, No IV, pp 70-78.
23. Zubair Iqbal, Hafiz Muhammad Khurram Ali, Ahmad Wasim, Salman Hussain, Mirza Jahanzaib (2016) “Evaluating Suppliers’ Efficiency using Conjoint Analysis”, The Nucleus, Vol 53, no. 2, pp 121-127.
24. Zain ul Abidin, Hafiz Muhammad Khurram Ali, Salman Hussain, Ahmad Wasim, Mirza Jahanzaib (2016) “Supplier Selection in an Industry of Short Lifecycle Products Using Bayesian Network Analysis”, Pakistan Journal of Science, Vol 68, no. 2, pp 157-163.
25. Hafiz Muhammad Khurram Ali, Muhammad Umer Farooq, Ahmad Wasim, Mirza Jahanzaib, Salman Hussain (2016) “Leverage of Office Automation in a Public Sector Engineering Organization: Pre and Post Implementation Analysis”, Pakistan Journal of Science, Vol 68, no. 2, pp 170-175.
26. Imran Masood, Mirza Jahanzaib, Ahmad Wasim (2016) “Sustainability Assessment for dry, Conventional and Cryogenic Machining in Face Milling of Ti-6Al-4V”, Quaid-e-awam university research journal of engineering, science & technology, accepted for publication.
27. Bilal Asghar, Ahmad Wasim, Mirza Jahanzaib, and Salman Hussain. "Impact of Privatization on Employee Relations at Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited." Nucleus 53, no. 4 (2016): 243-253.
28. Uzam Hameed, Zailin Guan, Ghulam Zakria, Ahmad Wasim, Muhammad Baqar Raza, (2016) “Reverse Logistics, a tool for organizational excellence: a Pakistani Perspective”, Technical Journal University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Taxila, Pakistan, Vol 21, No III, pp 76-83.
RESEARCH PROJECT GRANTS WON:
External Research Grants:
Design Manufacturing and Performance Evaluation of Solar Cooker using parabolic Through Collector (PTC) in Asian Environment, Grant No 3556, 1.6 Million, HEC-2015, Pakistan
An Investigation of Safety Climate in Science Labs in Pakistani Universities, Grant No 3483, 1 Million, HEC-2015, Pakistan (Under revision)
Internal Research Grants (Dir ASR&TD)
Identification of process parameters’ influence on friction stir welding (Rs. 0.374 Million, 2013-14)
Optimization of cutting tool wear and suface roughness for turning CLARM HBR (30NiCrMoV14) based on RSM (Rs.0.150 Million, 2013-14).
Design, Analysis and Fabrication of Rolling-ball tool for Incremental Sheet Metal Forming (Rs. 0.50 Million, 2014-15)
Empirical investigation of Orthopaedic drilling (Rs. 0.22 Million, 2015-16)
Analysis of surface Roughness for minimum quantity lubricant (MQL) in grinding Process (Rs. 0.38 Million, 2015-16)
Mechanical and Micro-structural evaluation of Squeeze Cast Aluminum Copper Alloy using Response Surface Methodology (Rs. 0.49 Million, 2015-16)
Performance evaluation of solar thermal low pressure turbine in Asian Environment (Rs. 0.5 Million, 2015-16)
Investigating the effects of process parameters on near net shape casting of Aluminum alloy (Rs. 1.00 Million, 2016-17)
Identifying the effects of process parameters on refined crystal growth in investment casting using response surface methodology (Rs. 0.65 Million, 2016-17)
Investigation of the effects of process parameters on mechanical properties of overcast Al-Alloy joint (Rs. 0.2 Million, 2016-17)
Development of framework of E-health care system for effective patient monitoring (Rs. 0.625 Million, 2016-17)
Chairman, Industrial Engineering Department (From 17-05-2017)
Director Post Graduate Studies, Industrial Engineering Department, UET Taxila (22-11-2012 till 16-05-2017)
Director Social Entrepreneurship
Editor of Special Issue, Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Technical Journal, UET Taxila, Volume 20(SI), No II(S), 2015
Editor Journal ACostE 2012
Subject Editor, Technical Journal, UET Taxila
Member library committee, from Industrial Engineering Department (2014 till todate)
Team member of project "Establishment of Advance Manufacturing Systems Laboratory" with the worth 35.11 Million
Team member of project "Strengthening and upgradation of UET Taxila and its sub campus" for Industrial Engineering Department
Teaching & Research
(January 2017 to date) as Associate Professor, Industrial Engineering Department, University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
(September 2012 to December 2016) as Assistant Professor, Industrial Engineering Department, University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
(December 2005 – September 2012) as Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
(June 2003 – November 2005) as Lecturer/Research Associate, Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
(March 2003 to May 2003) Trainee Engineer, Fauji Cement Company Limited, Pakistan
Member ACostE (Association of Cost Engineers)
Member IISE (Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers)
Member IET (Institute of Engineering and Technology)
Associate Professor (January 2017 to date)
Assistant Professor (December 2005 to December 2016)
Lecturer / Lecture Assistant (May 2003 to November 2005)
English language for academic research purposes, 05-10-2008 to 01-04-2009
Library refresher - keeping up to date, 10-11-2008
Winning grant funding, 18-11-2008
Research student induction event, 19-11-2008
Intellectual property rights and ethics, 24-11-2008
Writing skills, 25-11-2008
Media training, 26-11-2008
Literature searching and reference management, 03-12-2008
Create and manage large documents using Microsoft word, 2002 12-12-2008
Effective presentation using Microsoft power point, 07-01-2009
Using SPSS, 21-01-2009
Advanced using Endnote, 02-02-2009
Planning and managing research, 17-02-2009
Interdisciplinary research, 19-02-2009
Managing data using excel, 2002 26-02-2009
Postgraduates who teach, 26-03-2009 to 27-03-2009
Identifying opportunities and building your evidence, 09-04-2009
Building an in depth career profile, 15-05-2009
Presenting your research to an audience, 20-05-2009
Research methodology, 29-09-2009 to 27-10-2009
Team building, 26-04-2010
Publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journals, 12-05-2010
Writing skills workshop, 04-05-2010 to 05-05-2010
Writing and presenting quality conference papers, 03-06-2010
Environment doctoral training centre inaugural event, 24-06-2010
Communicating your science to the public and to your peers, 25-06-2010
Keeping the balance - studies, stress, life, 05-07-2010
PhD student environmental training, 06-07-2010
Cost engineering awareness short course, 20-09-2010 to 22-09-2010
Three Research Groups are functioning