||Professor Dr. Hashim Nisar Hashmi
||Department of Civil Engineering
B.Sc. (Hons) Civil Engg (University of Engg. & Technology, Lahore), 1984
Ph.D. Civil Engg (Hydraulics), (Queens University of Belfast, N.I., U.K.), 1993
PostDoc Civil Engg (Hydraulics), (Queens University of Belfast, N.I., U.K.), 2002
- Designed water supply and sewerage scheme for KRL Employees Co-operative Housing Scheme, Rawat, Rawalpindi (Area = 960000 square yards).
- Surveyed and Master planned Swan Valley Housing Scheme, Adiala Road, Rawalpindi with area = 180000 square yards (Client: Land Lord Mian Habib).
- Master planned a tourist resort at Mahodand, Swat (Client: Tourist Resorts International).
- Prepaid feasibility report regarding water supply, sewerage and drainage schemes for Engineers Co-operative Housing colony of area = 2220000 square yards (Client: Institute of Engineers, Pakistan).
- Supervising the construction of a big centrally air-conditioned Guest House in Islamabad (Client: Brinks Security Services).
- Designed water supply, sewerage and drainage system of a number of houses.
- Director Postgraduate Studies in Civil Engineering Department.
- In-charge of Hydraulics Laboratory
- In- charge of Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Member, Board of Advanced Studies, Research & Technological Development
- Member, Board of Undergraduate Studies
- Member, Library Committee
- Member, Advisory Committee, Data Processing Centre
- Member, Transport Committee, (Nov, 1993 – Feb. 1996)
- Establishing Postgraduate Hydraulics Laboratory.
- Extensively involved in the preparation of Lab Equipment Lists of JICA, Lab Equipment under French Credit, PC-1 and other reports
Lecturer (BPS-17) Mar. 19,1985 – Apr. 27, 1988
Assistant Professor (BPS-18) Apr. 28,1988 – Mar. 30, 1997
Associate Professor (BPS-19) Mar. 31,1997 – Nov. 13, 1999
Professor (BPS-20) Dec. 20,1999 – March 23, 2007
Professor (BPS-21) Mar 24,2007 – todate
Calibration of pre-stressing units, pile jacks, compression and universal testing machine, and water gauges.
Testing of water supply pipes for internal pressure and sewerage pipes under 3- edge bearing.
Testing of concert cubes, cylinders, steel bars and pre-stressing tendons.
- 4-Years Full-time Research Experience at Queen’s University of Belfast, QUB, U.K.
- 4-Years Demonstration/Supervision Experience at Undergraduate Level at QUB, U.K.
- 11 – Years experience as supervisor for various undergraduate and postgraduate research projects at University of Engg. & Technology, Taxila, Pakistan.
Under Graduate Level:
- Fluid Mechanics-I
- Fluid Mechanics-II
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Irrigation Engineering
- Strength of Materials-I
- Strength of Materials-II
- Environmental Engineering
M.Sc. Water Resources & Irrigation Engg Has been started recently. Planning to offer
Following Major subjects:-
- Advanced Open Channel Hydraulics
- Dam Engineering